Thursday, June 17, 2010

Guest/Jam Room Makeover

The next task was our Guest/Jam room. We needed a multi functional room that could serve as a Guest room, and a "Jam" room for Jeff's guitars and our music memoribilia.
The before was not pretty, empty and boring, with the main focal point being a HUGE, ugly, old, television. Jeff refused to part with the TV and wanted to keep it in the room for video games... so we had to get creative. I went through about 5 color scheme ideas before I decided Gray would be the way to go. Then, we were going to do gray and purple... but after it was painted, purple just didn't look right.
We had Jeffs acoustic guitar sitting up against the newly painted wall, and it was the only thing in the room. I loved the nuetrals, tan and black, against the gray. So we decided to nix a "color" and just go with naturals.
Pardon the Marilyn Manson poster, it freaks a lot of people out, but I love it. We bought that papisan chair on Black Friday for $18!!

New gray walls, rock posters, guitars, futon (snagged on craiglist for $15 and it's soooo comfy), and black curtains... where's the TV????
We hid it in the closet! It fits perfect and you just slide the doors open when you want to watch something, fair compromise I think!
I still plan on building the "drum table" out of an old bass drum and some glass, but I still haven't come across a drum yet :(
Total Cost: $35!
I expect the drum to be about $25 to finish, so $60 not bad!

No comments:

Post a Comment