Thursday, June 17, 2010

Home Office Makeover

We decided to conquer the office first, because that wallpaper was driving me crazy. I don't like wallpaper, never have, probably never will. This room is our home office, and will one day be a nursery, because it's closest to our bedroom, and the perfect size for it.
So obviously the first thing that had to go was the wall paper, and we had to find a color we liked and balance this room out a bit. It felt like it was all over the place, with the stripes, polka dots, and elegant desk... ugh.

Tearing down the wallpaper was more of a task than I had imagined. This wallpaper was WATERPROOF. Meaning I had to tear of the top layer, soak the glue film paper underneath and then peel it off in strips. After several methods I found out using a spray bottle to soak a 12" by 12" area and then pulling it off worked wonders!

And of course, our little kitten, Gretchen, was there to help.
The "final" product. I say "final" because my sister is going to help me make a gorgeous painting for about the computer to fill up some wall space, and I think it needs a rug.
We painted the room semi-gloss "Sweet Harmony" yellow, painted the desk chair pink and added a tan chair pad. We rearranged to make the room more functional, and centered the desk because it was annoying me (I like things even and symettrical, so much for funky designs here)!I found that awesome pink lamp for free after a garage sale in our neighborhood, and found some drawer knobs at michaels for $1 each!

Overall Cost: $25 (not a typo, seriously $25 dollars!)

I'm on the look out for a nice rug and ideas for a painting, but overall I think this room will cost less that $75!


No comments:

Post a Comment